Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Chapter 1.2 - The Chapter of Bridgette's Pajamas


Bridgette emerged from her bedroom. She'd slept longer than normal, and she was supposed to meet Vincent for breakfast. I hope he's not too irritated, she thought.

It had been another couple of months since she moved to Moonlight Falls and she still couldn't find any inspiration to write anything. But she had been spending more and more time with Vincent. They'd become quite close, and he was the first person in her whole life that Bridgette could honestly call a best friend. She ignored the crush she had on him because she didn't think - and she kind of doubted - that he felt the same about her.

"Cute nightshirt."



 

Vincent smiled at her from where he sat on her couch, watching television.

"Agh! What did I tell you about barging in here?!"

He shrugged. "You were late to breakfast so I figured I'd just come on over, in case you were sick or hurt or something so I could save your life. You can reward me for being a good friend by buying me lunch."

"I knew I shouldn't have told you where I hide my spare key," Bridgette mumbled, sitting next to him.

"Taped under the top step of your porch."

"What was this big idea you wanted to talk about at breakfast?"



Sitting forward, Vincent turned off the television. "Okay so, I know you haven't been getting any book ideas lately, and I've been trying to think of a way to break out there with my photography. So I thought of something last night that would let us do both of those things... we should start an online magazine!"


Bridgette just blinked.

"Think about it, Bridge. We live in Moonlight Falls. And what is Moonlight Falls known for?"

"Supernaturals." It was no secret that the town was full of supernatural beings. A werewolf family and a vampire family both argued about which one founded the town. Fairies lived in the woods on the surrounding the town and helped keep the arboretum in working order. Witches frequented the alchemist. Ghosts were everywhere. The occasional genie would pop in and out. And every full moon the town guarded itself against zombies. Even though Bridgette had never gotten to interact with a supernatural, she had still seen them around town and knew they were there.

"Exactly! So we start an online magazine dedicated to supernaturals and their fans. I can take pictures, you can write the articles, and we can even do a section for fictional short stories so you can write those too!" Vincent was really getting excited now. "I know a little Photoshop and things like that so we can really make it fancy looking. And when we start getting popular we can have people submit stories so you don't have to write everything. What do you think?"

Bridgette considered it for a moment. "Well it's definitely different... but I like it. Let's do it!"



"Bridge, you're the best!" Vincent pulled her up with him and gave her a hug. A friendly hug, but a hug nonetheless. Bridgette's heart skipped a beat and she hoped he didn't feel it through her shirt.

.....

"We need to think of a name for the magazine, you know," Bridgette said later. They had spent the day planning everything from the layout of the website to the amount of pages and what would be on them. Bridgette made macaroni for them to eat while they worked, and Vincent - being the gentleman that he was - was helping her clean up afterward. "We can't register a domain name until we know what to call this thing."


Vincent thought a moment. "Well it is dedicated to supernaturals and their fans, and supernaturals are supposed to be a lot stronger with a full moon. We could call it Full Moon Magazine."

"I have a feeling we'd be getting a lot of hits from old guys looking for dirty pictures."




 Vincent laughed. "How about Moonlight Magazine then?"

"That'll work." Bridgette smiled, then glanced at the clock. "It's almost midnight! We've been working so long that I didn't even realize how late it was." She was waiting for Vincent to say he should go home. But he surprised her. 


"Actually, do you mind if I stay here? It's such a long walk back to my house and getting a taxi at this time of night is ridiculous..." He trailed off, realizing he was talking fast. Is he nervous? Bridgette thought.

She smiled at him. "You can stay, Vince. I don't mind."



 "Thanks Bridge." He grabbed her hands and smiled. Bridgette, trying not to act like a head-over-heels high schooler, cleared her throat, then went and changed into her nightshirt.

"The bathroom's free if you want it," she told Vincent, coming back out to tell him good night. "I hope my sofa's comfortable. It's not very big, I know, I'm sorry."




Vincent looked at her. "Bridge, you're a girl, right?"

"Last time I checked."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure Vince, go ahead." She sat down beside him.

"Well... there's this girl..."

Bridgette felt her heart sink.



 "I really like her, but I don't think she likes me back. And I don't know what to do." He sighed. "I want to tell her that I like her, but I'm... I'm kind of scared she'll turn me down, and at the same time I don't want her to feel awkward around me if she doesn't feel that way, because she's a pretty good friend of mine and I'd rather have her as a friend than not have her around at all, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do."

Bridgette was quiet for a moment. "I think," she began, trying to keep her voice even, "you should tell her. Even if she doesn't like you back; it's better than not telling her at all. Because if you don't, you never know what might come of it." She smiled wearily. "Besides, you're a great guy. You're smart and funny, and you're attractive. How could she not like you?"

"Thanks Bridge." He grinned at her. "You always make me feel better."

"I'm glad." Bridgette smiled back. "Now I need to get a little bit of sleep tonight. Tomorrow we can register the domain name for the magazine and start putting everything together."

"Sounds good."

She stood up, but then felt Vincent grab her hand and stand up beside her. "Bridge?"

"Yeah?"




He wrapped his arms around her and pressed his lips against hers. Startled, Bridgette took a few seconds before responding. She wrapped her own arms around his neck and returned the kiss.

Pulling away, Vincent smiled. "A really smart woman told me to go for it, so I did."

----------

I was trying to think of a name for the magazine and Googled "supernatural magazine" for ideas. I learned there is a magazine dedicated to the television show Supernatural.

And yes, I know the way Vince told Bridgette he liked her was sooooo cheeeeeesy, but I couldn't think of anything else. :P It was SO HARD keeping them just friends though. They got up to best friend status and they autonomously did romantic actions. I had to make them officially romantic as soon as possible. Plus they're just too cute for words, and I couldn't stand not letting them be boyfriend/girlfriend.


Here is Vincent, in all his close-up shaggy-blonde glory.


8 comments:

  1. I thought it was cuuuute! But everything they do seems super cute. They are so made for each other, I hope they stay so cute and happy.
    I love the online magazine idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited that they hit it off so well. I have NEVER had a sim couple so perfect for each other as these two. :D

      Delete
  2. Aww, it's so cute that they wanted to be romantic so quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! :) I'm so excited for every aspect of this generation now because they are just so precious together.

      Delete
  3. Neat idea, a magazine! There should be plenty to report/take pictures of in Moonlight Shores. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I was trying to think of something that would utilize both Bridgette's writing and Vincent's photography, and would help them get even closer. Originally it was going to be an online blog, but an online magazine is about the same. :)

      Delete
  4. I was thinking in your last chapter when they met what a great team they'd make professionally as well as romantically.

    And hey, with Sims, cheesy romance lead-ins are EXPECTED! Sims lead such adorably tiny, short, goofy lives, why make them so serious and life-like is my theory! <3

    ReplyDelete