Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Chapter 1.5 - Unexpected Visitors


Back from their honeymoon, Bridgette got to work on the magazine while Vincent took a shower. After a few minutes, she heard a knock. Reluctantly pulling herself away from the laptop, she opened the front door. "What are you doing here?" she asked, seeing the woman on the front porch.




"Aren't you going to invite me in, Bridgie?" the woman said instead, pushing her way into the living room. She had blonde hair that faded into hot pink tips, and wore a tight dress with tall heels. Bridgette would know her anywhere.





 

"Who's this, Bridge?" Vincent asked, emerging from the bedroom.

"This is Bernadette. My sister."
 


 "Did you have a nice honeymoon Bridgie?" Bernadette asked, her voice syrupy-sweet. She didn't even glance at Vincent."Your wedding was so beautiful by the way. I didn't get a chance to compliment you on it in person. I had to run back to the hotel."

"Wait wait wait. She was at the wedding?" Vincent asked, confused.

Bridgette nodded, unhappily. "I noticed her during the ceremony but she disappeared during the reception."

"Why didn't you tell me? Were your parents there too?"

Bernadette shook her head. "Our parents were busy with prior commitments. But luckily I was in a nearby town to record my next album, and managed to work my dear baby sisters wedding into my schedule. Aren't you happy, Bridgie?"

"I see you got your nose done, Bernie," was Bridgette's only reply.

Bernadette sneered. "Don't be so tacky, Bridgette. I came by to see you before I left to go back to Starlight Shores."

"No you didn't. You came by to try and rub your stupid little celebrity lifestyle in my face because that's the kind of person you are," Bridgette spat back. "You want everyone to know that you're a 'diva,' that you're the superstar child. I don't care about any of that stuff, Bernadette. I'm happy here, and as far as I'm concerned you can take your plastic nose and those fake boobs and keep them far away from me!"
 


Bernadette stamped her foot. "You are such a spoiled little brat, you know that? Mommy and Daddy gave you everything and you just totally threw it all aside! And for what? Some dinky little house in the middle of nowhere, just so you can be someone's wife and pop out babies for the rest of your life?"

"Get out of my house." Bridgette stared right into Bernadette's eyes, the exact same color as her own. "Get out and don't ever come back. I don't want to see you ever again, and quite frankly I don't care about seeing our parents either."

With a huff, Bernadette stormed out, slamming the door behind her.

Vincent blinked. "Wow. She's something."
 


Upset, Bridgette felt her stomach tighten into a knot. She ran into the bathroom and threw up. She couldn't believe that an argument with her sister would cause a reaction like this; it never had before.
 


The next morning Bridgette woke up still sick at her stomach, still throwing up, and spent the rest of the morning asleep on the couch.

When Bridgette woke up from her nap, she was alone in the house. Vincent had said something the night before about wanting to go to the consignment store to look for a nicer camera, so Bridgette assumed that was where he was.

Bridgette snuck into the bedroom and pulled a small paper bag from one of the dresser drawers. She had purchased a pregnancy test at the airport when they were on their way back from China, just in case all of the... "consummating" they had done on their honeymoon had resulted in anything. When she woke up sick at her stomach that morning she had just the faintest suspicion that the test may come in handy.





And she was right.

When Vincent got home, he took one look at Bridgette's clothing change and raised an eyebrow. Bridgette wasn't really a shorts-wearing girl, especially ones that were so worn-in and patched up. "What's this about, Bridge?"






"Vince, I have some news for you... I'm pregnant!"

Bridgette was worried he might freak out - after all, they were newly married and the magazine still wasn't raking in as much cash as they would have liked - but instead he was ecstatic.

 



He hugged Bridgette and proceeded to rub her belly, which wasn't even showing yet, imagining the baby inside it.




 

Bridgette got right to work backlogging a lot of articles and stories, setting them to publish at certain times so she could focus on the baby whenever he or she was born.

Speaking of gender...
 


"I hope we have a little girl," Bridgette told Vincent.

"Well I want a little boy. Girls are no fun."

Bridgette stuck her tongue out at him.

----------

First, I'm sorry I haven't posted in a few days. My internet's been really unstable.


... Bernadette kept autonomously slapping Bridgette. I got a picture of one slap but didn't know how to make it work in the story.

Physically, I love Bernadette (but she is a clone of Bridgette with just small changes). But I had to make her spoiled, so she had such a nasty personality that I really don't like her. But I guess that's the point. :P I actually wanted her to confront Bridgette at the wedding reception so I invited her to that - if you look at the wedding ceremony photos, you can see the back of her head in the front row - but the brat left halfway through the reception! So I had to improvise by doing it this way instead. But at least this is the last we'll see of Bernie... or is it? *evil eyebrow wiggle*

I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE BABY YOU HAVE NO IDEA. I'm excited to get generation two going and to see Bridgette and Vincent as parents. <3 They really both did roll wishes to have different genders. I thought it was really funny. But also... *faceslap* Bridgette, you have some really weird ideas of maternity wear.

I have already rolled for generation two, but I'm not going to reveal those until the baby is born. :)

2 comments:

  1. Keep those fake boobs away from me! ROFL!

    I'm excited to see the baby, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment that Bernadette is just a clone of Bridgette with some 'small' changes made me laugh right out loud. Those are some pretty big changes haha!

    Hope you'll write more soon, I look forward to meeting the new baby!

    ReplyDelete