Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Chapter 1.3 - Life Changes

With Moonlight Magazine up and running, Bridgette and Vincent were working hard to get more visitors and attention, which would in turn mean more money. Bridgette was busy digging out some old short stories she'd written about zombie attacks and polishing them up, and had even landed a few interviews with local supernaturals. Vincent spent his time doing photoshoots and editing the layouts and coding of the website.

They were officially boyfriend and girlfriend now, and Vincent spent much of his time at Bridgette's house. They hadn't slept together yet, though they did share a bed when he spent the night.

One night they were laying in bed talking before getting ready to go to sleep, when Bridgette brought up the subject of Vincent moving in.




"You're over here all the time anyway," she told him, feeling a little nervous. Was it too soon to bring up living together? "We'll get to see each other more often. And it'll make working on the magazine a lot easier. You'll get away from your roommate and you complain about him all the time anyway."

"Bridge, calm down," Vincent told her, smiling. "I've actually been thinking about it lately myself. I think it's a great idea."
 

The next day was dedicated to moving Vincent into Bridgette's house. Luckily he didn't have more than a few boxes; the house was small enough without adding more furniture and decor.


 "Well Roomie," Vincent joked, pulling Bridgette close to him when they finished unpacking. "How about we go out tonight to a fancy restaurant to celebrate?"

"Sounds great," Bridgette replied, smiling.

"You're paying, right?"

"Ugh."

.....

After dinner, the couple took a walk around the block. With the exception of a few cars whizzing by, they were the only ones out that night.

"It's a really pretty night," Bridgette said, squeezing Vincent's hand.





 "You're prettier." Vincent poked her nose and smiled, pulling her in closer.

"I'm glad you moved in, Vince," Bridgette told him.

"I'm glad you asked me." He pulled away. "And now there's something I want to ask you."





Vincent dropped down on one knee and pulled out a small box with a glittering ring.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you. As more than just roommates, as more than just boyfriend and girlfriend. I love you, and I want us to be together forever. Bridgette... will you marry me?"




Needless to say, Bridgette was surprised.

"Yes!" she cried, ecstatic. "Yes yes yes!"





That night they celebrated their engagement in the bedroom. We should probably leave here, before things get a little raunchy.

----------

So funny story.

The night I had planned for Vince to propose, it was a full moon. For those who don't know, Moonlight Falls gets this really dumb green glow on full moon nights and it glows so much that it just totally ruins any chance of getting pictures. Instead of sending them out, I just sent them to bed and waited to see if I had any zombies. Up until then I'd only ever had two at the most. Well this time I had six. One of them just stood in front of a dead apple tree in the backyard (that I forgot was back there), and the rest just wandered around. And then out of nowhere a stereo appeared and they all crowded around it and danced until morning, when they left. But now the stereo is permanently stuck on my property and I can't delete it.


This was sort of a short chapter, but the next two are going to be long/full of pictures to make up for it. :)

11 comments:

  1. Yay! Finally a couple! Props to you. I'm not gutsy enough to send my founder out to look for a spouse in the world. I have a hard enough time getting the future generations to do that. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It is sort of a gamble sometimes. :P I get so picky finding spouses for my sims. Especially with some of EAs defaults in the towns. That's why I usually load them with some of my own so I get some pretty ones in the mix. :)

      Delete
  2. Aw! Yay!
    These two are so cute. I'm glad things are going so well for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love weddings. I need to get one of those super gorgeous wedding venues for my game though. I improvised with Vince and Bridgette's but it would be nice if it was all in one place, and I'm just a flat out terrible builder haha.

      Delete
  3. Try shift + click -> delete on the stereo?

    I installed the no-zombies mod before I even saw one.

    Also the weird green light on full moons happens in every town, I think. It happened in mine, and I thought the ghost hunting career had glitched up and applied itself into my sims' house. Or that my eyes were going bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, the stereo just totally disappeared after I posted this. I have no idea where it went or anything. Which is a little sad, because Vincent freaking loved that thing. He kept turning it on and dancing to it. I would have moved it into the house if the game would've let me move it at all. I'm going to have to buy them a stereo. :)

      I don't really have a problem with zombies, but like I said I normally just have one or two at a time. That group of six was ridiculous. :S

      I haven't actually played any of the other towns since installing SN so I didn't know if it was world-exclusive or what haha. I remember when I got my first full moon in my tester family, and everything turned green, I was just like .___. WHAT JUST HAPPENED.

      Delete
  4. Hi Alona, its actually funny you got a zombie dance going - I have one recorded on my youtube channel! They only happen if there's more than a few zombies together in one place. They were celebrating your couple's upcoming nuptials! ;)

    The stereo object spawns with the group of zombies and is supposed to disappear after they disperse btw, so yours got glitched.

    I kinda like the weird glow of the full moon, but I agree it could ruin screenshots. You should start incorporating this stuff in your story though... I mean, what better first edition of the e-zine "Moonlight Magazine" than a full moon and zombie party?! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to find a way to incorporate supernaturals into the story without making them feel forced. I think on the next full moon I'll work the zombies in. The only problem is my game seems to glitch with the moon phases... like if I exit out one sim day before the full moon, when I start the game back up more than likely it's changed to a new moon or something and there are five days to the next full moon. :/

      Delete
    2. Hey, just came back to re-read old posts. Make sure you update all your twallan mods (again) if you use those... I think one of them was maybe causing that whole moon reset thing or else fixes it. I remember reading a post about it on his wiki chatterbox forum. He's been updating them like mad for days, so even if you just updated a few days ago, chances are you need to get a few more of them (not all) updated... especially MC, overwatch, error trap, Story Progression!

      Delete
    3. I'm actually not using Twallan right now. I keep intending to redownload it (I used to use it a while back) but I keep forgetting about it haha.

      Delete
    4. I think I'll go do that now though, while I have some free time this morning. :) Thanks for reminding me Envie! :D

      Delete