Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Chapter 1.4 - I Do

To celebrate their engagement, Bridgette and Vincent decided to get tattoos together.
 


At first Bridgette was scared, and almost backed out. But to her surprise it didn't hurt at all - just kind of tickled - and she ended up loving her tattoo, which was the old Gaelic word for "Moonlight" on her arm.



Vincent, on the other hand, got something much manlier; a wolfs head on his back.

The wedding was coming up, and Bridgette was busy trying to juggle both planning it and getting everything ready to keep the magazine running while they were gone on their honeymoon.



"Bridge, have you gotten an RSVP from your family yet?" Vincent asked her a few days before the wedding.

Bridgette shook her head. "Nope. Not surprised though. My dad would be the only one even remotely interested in coming, but if my mom said no then he'd change his mind to please her. And my sister wouldn't show up for anything involving me unless it was my funeral or I was in court facing prison."

"Is Bernadette really that bad?" Vincent asked.

Bridgette laughed. "Bernadette is a thousand times worse. My parents sent us to a theatrical summer camp when we were younger and Bernadette spent the whole two weeks making my life miserable. She hid all of my underwear one day, the next day she put poison ivy in my shorts pockets so when I stuck my hands in them I'd get a rash. She devoted her entire life to making me miserable. And it just got worse as we got older. I don't even know why I bothered inviting my family."
 


"Because even though they're a pain in the ass, they're still your family Bridge. It's the right thing to do."

Bridgette was quiet for a minute. She knew Vincent was right, but she didn't want to admit it.

Later that afternoon, Bridgette went into the bedroom and called her mother's cell phone. Her mother didn't answer - of course - so she just left a message.
 


"Hi Mother, it's Bridgette. I just wanted to call and remind you that I'm getting married in a few days, and I didn't know if you got the invitation or not since I haven't heard from you or Daddy. Um... call me when you get this message and let me know if you and Daddy - and Bernadette, I guess - are coming."

.....

Today's the big day!

Bridgette had rented the Fae Rae Gardens for the ceremony. It was beautiful, tended by the fairies in the area, and had a glass arboretum in the center. The wedding arch was set up on one side, under a cherry blossom tree, and the reception area across from it, past a small pond. She even had her hair done, for the first time since her high school prom.





Bridgette can't stop staring at her ring, even when it's time for the couple pictures in front of the pond.





.....

The following day, the newlyweds - who had taken Bridgette's last name - packed up and left for Shang Simla, China, for their honeymoon.




Vincent learned that he has no future in martial arts and should stick to taking pictures.
 

----------

I almost missed the first week's tattoo addict, but I remembered! I'm not sure which one will keep going with them, though... I'd love to have Bridgette do it, but Vincent seems more of the tattoo type. What do y'all think?


And yes, I know this post was EXTREEEEEEMELY picture-heavy, but the next one will have a lot more text to balance it out.

11 comments:

  1. Still the cutest couple ever! Bridgette made a beautiful bride.
    You could always have them both do tattoo addict, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought about that. I'm still not sure if Bridgette is the kind of girl to get a lot of tattoos though. Maybe smaller, more discreet ones would work for her. :)
      I could see Vince getting sleeves though. :D

      Delete
    2. I'd like to see Vincent in sleeves. =D

      Delete
  2. I don't think the chapter was too picture heavy at all! (But then again a couple of mine have like 30 or more haha)

    If the screenshots are really good (and yours are) then they help tell the story. I prefer seeing a lot of good screenshots with bits of caption between them than a story with only 3-4 screenshots and a lot of text to fill in the missing parts honestly. At least that's how I'm doing mine. I only get wordy if I don't have a screenshot to help explain what's going on or a transitional paragraph for the 'next day' or whatnot.

    You're doing just great! Not sure if I see Bredgette as the 'full body' tattoo kinda girl, but definitely Vincent, so I agree with yang, full sleeves! There's some super great tattoo mods/CC out there for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to download some new tattoos. All I have are the ones that came with the game and only maybe a fourth of them are decent looking. :S I used to have some really gorgeous Japanese kanji ones but my game crashed since then and I lost everything, and I don't remember where they came from.

      Delete
  3. A lovely wedding, shame Bridgette's family couldn't be bothered to turn up...

    I think Vincent probably suits tattoos more than Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. :) I could see Bridge getting maybe one or two more, but Vincent seems like the YES LET'S DO THIS TATTOOS FOREVER kind of guy.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Envie, I love pictures. They can tell a story even without words, so the words help to enhance the pictures.

    Cute chapter! I loled at the tattoo feeling like a "tickle." I'm really pain-tolerant and I'll still admit my tattoo felt very much like a cat scratch and not a tickle, but I didn't think it felt that bad. Maybe Sims have more painless tattoo technology. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I just used my personal experience with my tattoo. :P I'm sooooooo deathly terrified of needles and I was positive it was going to hurt, but it tickled. It burned like crap for about an hour afterward though.

      Delete
  5. Bridgette is so adorable, I can't wait to see the babies she makes, especially with Vincent! I think she'd look cute with some pagan tattoos if you wanted to make her the addict, and that might work well with the occult theme. Did a quick google search and found these as an example: http://arcanalia.blogspot.com/2010/08/symbol-tattoos.html. Maybe you could even say some are magical symbols for warding away evil vampires and fairies or something? Just throwing out some ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I kind of like those. :) Thanks for the link! I'll take a look around and see if I can find some others. I may make Vincent the addict but still have Bridgette do a few with him.

      Delete